
James has been learning a lot of new things lately...he is certainly growing fast.
Catching a ball:
He already knew how to play catch, he just couldn't do it very well. The other day we started playing catch and he consistently threw the ball and caught the ball for about twenty minutes. Yay! I am so excited that he is learning how to do cool things like this! And I am really excited that I get to teach him! Pretty soon I will be able to play basketball and soccer with him! I am not very good at sports but I still like to play sometimes. I can't wait!
The potty:
So far James has gone to the potty (on the potty) twice. So I have been thinking about trying to potty train him. I think I will try and see how it goes. I am not sure if he is really ready, but I think we will give it a week. If he does well, then, great! But if he is not ready then we may have to give it a rest and revisit the subject later.
Talking and the Alphabet:
James has this toy that allows him to push a letter of the alphabet and it will say & display the letter , letter sound, and two words that start with that letter and display pictures of them. He has been repeating everything he hears lately so this toy I really think is helping him learn about the letters and how they tie in to our language. Sometimes I try to do the same thing with him but he doesn't always want me to. At least he loves electronics so using his toy is playing to him and he goes over the alphabet a lot.







No comments:
Post a Comment