Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Well, Ryan and I have been in school for a few weeks now. Things are wonderful!!! We are finally getting used to our new schedules and routines. AND we have a ballroom class together! Which I am really excited about.

I have started cooking again almost every day, because Ryan doesn't know how to cook much. And I think it is really important for us to eat healthy, especially since he works nights at a factory. And it is nice to be into cooking again. I forgot how much I loved cooking. And we have been eating things that he has not eaten a lot. So far he seems pleased.

So when I cook something good for my family to eat and it turns out well, then I somehow feel like I have accomplished something. Lol , is that weird? Even if I didn't get all of everything done on my to do list, as long as there is food on the table, then I have served my hubby with something that he can't do for himself as well. :)

I also have plans to try to take a few cooking classes at Thanksgiving point or something and become a "master chef" Lol, or atleast a better chef. I'll let you know how that goes.

This semester I am taking a math class (grrr...), a yoga class, psychology, and ballroom dance.

I was reading through my yoga book and it looks like this class is just what i need right now. I have never done yoga before. But throughout this semester I should be able to learn balance and focus, as well as become more flexible, strong, and healthy.

I have been substitute teaching for a few weeks now and it is fun. It is really fulfilling to be able to help someone learn useful things.

I taught a third grade class the other day and I realized that I had forgotten what grade school was like. In that class I taught them how to write letters. We also talked about technology and communication. The were shocked to find out that early telephones didnt have numbers. Lol, their looks of amazement were wonderful! And they live for recess every day. I also got to read out loud to the whole class, it was soooooo fun!

I can't wait to be a mom so I can read with children every day. I think as hard as it must be to be a mom or a teacher sometimes, if you get to sit down for a few minutes and enjoy somthing like a book with your kid(s) that day, then it makes the whole rest of the hectic day worth it.

Well I talkk more when I'm tired. Lol, I know 6am is not too early, but I have been awake since 3, so I am gonna go now. And I'll catch you next time.

2 comments:

Linley and Austin said...

Yeah a blog! I know you told me you had one, but I forgot to ask what the website was. We need to hang out more often. I miss the old days when we were young and we hung out like everyday. I'm glad you are enjoying cooking. I'm sure Ryan is too :) Hope you are having a great day!

Natalie said...

I didn't know you started a blog! That's awesome!
I also didn't know you were substitute teaching! I am glad you are enjoying your work!