I know it has been forever since I posted, but hopefully I can keep up with this again.
One of my very wise friends told me that blogging is pretty much her way of keeping a journal. And since I don't journal like I should...then I should blog more. :)
One of my favorite things in life...my son. Now we all know that I am not really a great singer. I used to get by okay in high school choirs and church. But I went for a while not singing at all pretty much and now I would say that I can't sing at all. But my poor baby still has to listen to me sing.
I actually sing to him most of the day. I think it is a great way to help him learn. Songs stick in my head way better than anything else. So I sing to him a lot about a lot of different things.
And almost every day while I am singing there is a wonderful moment where he will stop whatever he is doing and look me in the face and just smile. The biggest and cutest smile I have ever seen in my life! Even if I am feeding him, he will stop eating and look at me, smile, and go back to eating.
So I think that James' little spirit really likes music.
Also, sometimes when I am singing and dancing with him around the house he will start to giggle. And of course his giggle is so cute that then I can't even finish the song, because I am giggling too!
I love my son! And he is a huge blessing to our lives that we don't really deserve...but the Lord is wonderful! And I am sure that Ryan and I will need the Lord's help the be a blessing to little James, too.
One final note...
I was listening to a talk on tape that our friend Jared gave me for Christmas. One of the things the speaker pointed out is that each member of a family has different spiritual gifts, so that they can balance and help each other out. And so all together the family is more complete and strong. I have been thinking and wondering... maybe one of James' gifts/ strengths is joy. Joy is something that Ryan and I struggle with sometimes especially over the last few years. So what that woman said seems to be very true.
The End...
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment